Currently 90.5 KSJS is one of the few stations- if not, the only station- playing the music format of Alternativo en Español throughout San Jose. The name “Alternativo en Español” is an umbrella term used to express other forms of musical genres that are not currently being played in the Bay Area. Under this music department you will find a little of everything. Our music library contains music from local, national, and international artists. Genres within Alternativo include (but not limited to): ska, reggae, punk, rock, electronic, pop, indie, urban, metal, cumbia, and folk. We have interviewed artists like Kinky, Union Cinema, Ana Tijoux, Making Movies, La Santa Cecilia, Ceci Bastida, Porter, La Vida Boheme, y otros mas [and many more].
Recent Alternativo Blog Posts:
- RuidoFest 2016: Photo Essay
- RuidoFest creates more ruido than last year
- Sonido Clas: 2nd Annual Selena Tribute
- Alternativo to embrace EDM
- Prayers Grace San Jose with Cholo Goth
- The New Music Scene in Alternativo (Latin Alternative)
Listen to your favorite alternativo show for a chance to win ticket giveaways !