Currently 90.5 KSJS is one of the few stations- if not, the only station- playing the music format of Alternativo en Español throughout San Jose. The name “Alternativo en Español” is an umbrella term used to express other forms of musical genres that are not currently being played in the Bay Area. Under this music department you will find a little of everything. Our music library contains music from local, national, and international artists. Genres within Alternativo include (but not limited to): ska, reggae, punk, rock, electronic, pop, indie, urban, metal, cumbia, and folk. We have interviewed artists like Kinky, Union Cinema, Ana Tijoux, Making Movies, La Santa Cecilia, Ceci Bastida, Porter, La Vida Boheme, y otros mas [and many more].
Recent Alternativo Blog Posts:
- Bay Area Residentes, Sonido Clash, Host Another Successful Selenabration
- Best of 2017: Latin Alternative Releases
- En Concierto: Los Hollywood & Elis Paprika
- Recuerdos De Los Dells Music Festival
- Los Dells Music Fest Creates A Labor Day Weekend That’s Latino In All Spectrums
- Ruido Fest 17: Y que siga la música
Listen to your favorite alternativo show for a chance to win ticket giveaways !
Upcoming Interviews: TBA